I love soups and stews when it is cold outside. My mom and sister recommended this Sausage Black-Eyed Pea Stew and ohmyword. It was so good! I couldn’t get in touch with my sis the day I made it, and I wasn’t sure of the exact recipe, so I sort of made it up! I got close to hers but not exact…but man it was sooo good!
Here’s how I made it:
Sausage Black-Eyed Pea Stew
- 1 lb breakfast sausage, browned and drained (I used Jimmy Dean Maple Flavored. YUM.)
- 2 cans black-eyed peas, drained and rinsed
- 1 can kernel corn, drained
- 1-2 cups frozen okra
- 1 1/2 cans beef broth (add more to the stew if you think it’s too thick- but we liked ours thick)
- 1 can Rotel
- 2 TBSP Molasses (holy guacamole, I know!)
- salt and pepper as needed
Put all ingredients in large dutch oven or pot. Let simmer for 30 minutes or so, and remember what my momma says: Don’t over stir or your peas will be mushy! Serve with (Jiffy!) cornbread muffins.
Y’all. It’s that easy! Go make yourself a pot of this goodness. Yum!