Can you believe we met Lila Mei one month ago today? I can’t! It has gone by so fast! Lila continues to amaze us. She is still doing great and we are all adjusting well to our new normal.
This month was full of so many firsts for Lila Mei! Here are a some of the new things she’s been doing. She learned how to wink- so adorable- and to give kisses! We’ve been working on kisses since the first day we met her and now she leans in for them all of the time. She had her first American park experience and loved to swing and slide. She also went with me to CrossFit- she was a champ and had fun meeting all of my CrossFit friends!
Lila got to meet Pops for the first time last weekend! After a fun breakfast at Taco Joint, he took the kids to Toys R Us to all pick out some toys. All three kids were so excited! Lila also got to try her first chocolate. She is like her daddy- a huge fan!
Chloe’s sweet friend Kendall and her family gave Lila her first pair of boots! She makes the cutest cowgirl!
Lila also has her first ear infection since we met her. Poor girl, by the time we even knew it was infected, it had ruptured. She didn’t act like it bothered her, which made us so sad. Hopefully it is clearing up. We visit the ENT next week for him to do a full evaluation on her ears since that was one of the things listed on her medical file from China. I think ear tubes might be in her future, but we went down that road with Chloe so we know what to expect.
Here are a few more things about Lila this month:
- She has already learned so many more signs! She can now sign eat, more, all done, milk, shoes, mom, dad, hurt, wait, horse…those are the ones I can think of but there may be more! We watch Baby Signing Time and that is the only show that keeps her interest. The big kids like learning it too!
- She still does not like anything with eyes that isn’t alive- Barbies, American Girl dolls, any stuffed animal- they all scare her! If she is in the same room with a Barbie or doll and she sees it, she will back away and leave the room. It is so cute and funny! We are guessing it is because she never saw an inanimate object with eyes in the orphanage. I really think she thinks they are alive!
- She loves her new boots more than anything. When Trey came home yesterday she came running up to him with them on signing the word shoes. LOVE it.
- She is still a rock star sleeper- 12 hours at night, 2-3 hour nap every day.
- She is still eating so great!! She loves everything and has not started being the least bit picky. I keep filling up her plate with fruits and veggies and meats. She loves it all.
We have had an amazing first month with our girl. I love her SO much. Seriously, I can’t get enough! I get so excited every morning to go wake her up and see what fun things she will do that day. Every day she is learning and growing and changing. I am so thankful for this sweet girl being in our lives. It seems like she was always here and just fits right in to our family. I can’t wait to see what the next month brings!