I love to eat. Have you noticed? I adapted this from Paula Deen’s Baked Potato Salad. It is SO yummy, greasy, and perfect with ribs, steak, chicken, or anything off the grill! Here you go.
Baked Potato Casserole
- 5 lb bag butter potatoes, unpeeled, scrubbed, and cubed (I usually use 3/4 of the bag)
- 1 TBSP fresh rosemary leaves
- 2 TBSP Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 8 oz container sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 6 strips bacon, fried and crumbled
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 envelope ranch dressing mix
- 2 cups shredded sharp white cheddar cheese
Pre-heat oven to 400. Place cubed potatoes, rosemary, EVOO, and a little salt and pepper in a bowl and toss to coat the potatoes. Place potatoes on baking stone and roast at 400 for 25-30 minutes or until tender.
When potatoes are done, turn oven down to 350. Put potatoes in large bowl. Add the sour cream, mayonnaise, bacon, butter, ranch dressing mix, and 1 1/2 cups of the cheese. Mix well. Pour mixture into large casserole dish. Top with remaining 1/2 cup of cheese. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and dish is hot and bubbly.
This recipe takes a little time but it is worth it. Also, I thought i was a little too greasy the last time I made it, so you could cut the butter down to 1/4 cup.
I am linking up with Kelly’s Korner SUYL – Side Dishes. Lots of goodies there, so go check them out!