We have been making breakfast tacos for dinner a lot lately. They are super easy and low in calories, and I usually have all of the ingredients on hand! Here’s my new favorite way to make them. There’s nothing super exciting about these, but they are yummy!
Easy Breakfast Tacos (makes 6)
- 6 pieces bacon, cut into bite sized pieces
- 6 eggs (or equivalent in Egg Beaters)
- 1 TBSP skim milk
- 6 corn tortillas (we use extra-thin to save a few calories)
- 1/2 cup freshly grated sharp white cheddar cheese
- Jar of your favorite salsa (ours is Tostito’s Restaurant Style Salsa)
- Cholula Hot Sauce
- Fresh cilantro leaves
Fry bacon bits over medium heat. When browned, remove to paper towel. Drain skillet. Whisk together eggs and milk, then scramble in same skillet. Heat corn tortillas over gas flame. Fill each tortilla with 1/6 of eggs, bacon, and cheese. Top with salsa, fresh cilantro, and Cholula sauce. Serve!
See- nothing special. But seriously good. The sharp white cheddar cheese makes all the difference in the world! Do you have a favorite way of making breakfast tacos? I’d love to hear some ideas on changing them up!