My baby is three years old. Three means no more babies in the house. Three = big boy. I am still wrapping my mind around those facts! It is crazy how fast it goes…
Two was a great year for us- Jack grew and learned so much! I know three is going to be great too, but I really will miss the twos.
Here’s what Jack is doing these days:
- You’re in the 10th percentile for weight! I can’t believe you’re out of the <5th! I think it has to do with your new-found love for so many foods. Dare I say you are not a picky eater??! Your new likes include grilled chicken, bacon, carrots, strawberries, cherries, guacamole, and more and more! I am so proud of you- you’ll try almost anything now and that makes this momma so happy!
- You still take a nap every day for 1 1/2- 2 hours. You love your naps & I’m not ready for you to give them up anytime soon! You also sleep 8pm-7am and you don’t get out of bed until your alarm clock turns green! I love that thing and so do you! (PS, just this week, you slept through the green and that means we were ALL in bed until 7:30am!)
- You still LOVE your Cars. And you still know all the names of them, even though your collection is huge!
- You say the best stuff. You started saying “last day” and “lasterday” for yesterday, just like Chloe used to! LOVE it. You also started saying “Of course, I will!” and “You’ve got to be kidding me.” Hilarious.
- You love to compare two things to see who would win. You say, “Hey Mom, what do you think? A dragon or a tiger? Who win?” And then you love to discuss why one or the other would win. It is adorable. Today you did it with a plane and a helicopter. You said the airplane would win because it can fly higher. Such a boy thing to want to discuss these things!
- You love to be outside and want to play in your new bounce house every single day. You wake up and say “Mom, I have a swee-cret.” And then you whisper, “How ’bout we get out da bounce house today, mkay? That be a great idea, mkay?”
- You LOVED the beach! You would roll around in the sand like a crazy dude! I’ve never heard of a kid get this sandy and not care about it. You had it in your hair, all over your face, in your ears…It took me a good 10 minutes to get the sand off of you in the shower every evening!
- You can spell your name, and you’re starting to write it! It won’t be long before you have it down.
- Chuy’s is your all-time favorite. You will down five burritos every time we go there. YES, FIVE. Tortilla, beans, & cheese, rolled up, five times. I can’t even eat that many! Maybe that’s another reason you’re in the 10th percentile!
- You still won’t drink anything but water or milk. No Capri Suns, no juice, not even a sip of Coke! And I’m ok with that!
- You love sweets! M&Ms, Yumilicious yogurt with gummy bears and sprinkles, and cookies (all kinds!) are your favorites.
- You are so, so sweet. You give me lots of kisses and hugs and say “Mommy, Daddy, Sissy, I wuv you” many times a day. At dinner you want to say the prayer every night, and it always goes like this, “Dear God, thank you for Mommy, thank you for Daddy, thank you for Sissy and Jack. Thank you for our food. Thank you for (a random object on the table or another person that is eating with us). Thank you for God and Jesus. In Jesus’ name, amen.” Adorable, every time.
- You are so good at playing by yourself. You are always making up new games with your tools or your cars and can entertain yourself for a long time!
Jack, you are my sweetheart! Mommy and Daddy are so proud of you and your sweet, funny personality! We can’t wait to see what three years brings. We pray that you grow up strong in the Lord and trust Him with all your heart!